Your self-assessment tax return...
Done. Quick and easy!

Let HL&W handle your personal tax return,
quickly and hassle free.

From just £180+VAT per year (£15+VAT/month)
For self-assessment return preparation and filing with HMRC.

Also available:
Bookkeeping, VAT returns and software options.

Competitively priced self-assessment services
From just £180 + VAT

From just £180 plus VAT, we can take the worry out of keeping up to date with your Self-Assessment Tax Return, and helping you to ensure your bill is paid on time.

That means you can focus on the things you do best, leaving the arduous paperwork to our experts. And because we’re an experienced Self-Assessment accountant, we habitually keep abreast of all the updates to tax legislation – which means you can easily avoid penalties that you may otherwise incur due to changes in the regulations.

Do I need to submit a self-assessment tax return?

If you fall into one of the following categories, you may have to complete a self-assessment tax return:

self assessment service basingstoke hampshire
  • Director of a limited company
  • Self employed or a partner in a business partnership
  • Receive rental income from property
  • Earning more than £50,000 and receiving child benefit
  • Have sold or given away assets in the tax year - such as additional properties or shares
  • Have income from overseas
  • Receive income from savings, investments and dividends
  • PAYE income of above £100K

What HL&W will do for you

At HL&W, we’re here to take the hassle of your Self-Assessment off your hands. HMRC doesn’t offer personalised advice and support when it comes to filling in your tax return, and there’s no assistance with minimising your tax liability – so it pays to get a professional involved to help out. As a specialist tax return accountant, we’re able to complete your tax return and calculate what you owe, as well as file the Self-Assessment and let you know when payments are due.

Part of our service involves identifying if any savings can be made, as well as addressing any anomalies that may be present. We can resolve these before your tax return is submitted, ensuring HMRC gets all the correct information and that there’s no need for them to open any enquiries. We can also ensure you’re not paying more tax than you need to. This is especially important since the pandemic, as more businesses have been forced to operate from home instead of a workspace. You may be able to write off a certain proportion of your household bills, for example, if you have been using internet services, electricity and more for your work.

We will:

Complete your tax return Calculate your tax liability File the return online Liaise with you on the amounts to be paid and when they are due

How it works - Just 3 simple steps

Number 1
Contact us today and let's discuss your specific circumstances
Number 2
We'll gather your information and compile your personal tax return, calculating your tax liability and advising you on possible claims to help minimise your tax bill.
Number 3
Once confirmed by you, we'll file your self-assessment return online with HMRC and inform you of any tax owed (or rebate due)

The deadline for your online tax return and payment of tax is January 31st 2022

Don’t delay - the initial HMRC penalty for late filing starts at £100 and rises thereafter.

Frequently asked questions

You must send a tax return if, in the last tax year (April 6, 2020 to April 5, 2021), you were self-employed as a ‘sole trader’ and earned more than £1,000, a director of a limited company, or a partner in a business partnership (See our list of categories earlier on this page). You will not usually need to send a self-assessment tax return if your only income is from your standard wages or pension. However, you may need to send one if you have any other untaxed income, such as income from property rentals if you're a landlord, income from savings, investments and dividends or foreign income. Speak with us at HL&W if you are unsure and we can discuss it with you.

The final deadline for 2020/21 tax returns is 31 January 2022 for returns submitted online (The deadline for paper submissions has already passed). However, we strongly urge clients not to put it off and to start their tax return process as soon as possible. Here at HL&W we can help complete and submit your self-assessment return as soon as we have gathered all the information we need.

For the information we need to gather, we need to know what your total income was for the relevant tax year, and any additional employment benefits you may have received.

Employment benefits may be from your employer or your own business and examples might be a company car, interest-free loans, and/or health insurance etc. These need to be declared in the form P11D, which we will handle for you.

If you have earnt any income from property, as a private buy-to-let landlord, we need to know all the income as well as all the associated expenditures - as certain costs can be applied to reduce your tax bill - such as buildings and contents insurance.

We also need to know if you have made any significant gains from selling stocks and shares, property, or any part of your business - these need to be declared on your tax return.

There may be other areas of income which we need to know about. Please speak with HL&W for a discussion on what we need to collate from you to submit your tax return.

There is an immediate late filing penalty of £100 if you do not meet the deadline date of 31st January 2022 - even if there is no tax to pay or the tax due has already been paid.

The penalty fees will increase if you still haven't filed your return after the deadline. Additional penalties can be charged as follows:

- over 3 months late – a £10 daily penalty up to a maximum of £900

- over 6 months late – an additional £300 or 5% of the tax due if higher

- over 12 months late – a further £300 or a further 5% of the tax due if higher. In particularly serious cases there is a penalty of up to 100% of the tax due.

If you know that you will have difficulty paying a tax bill that is due, the first step is to contact HMRC as soon as possible.

Depending on your personal circumstances and how much you can afford to repay, HMRC can allow you to spread payments over a period of months.

Let's work together

With decades of experience, and a simple, approachable service, we can handle your HMRC tax return no matter where you are in the UK, and whether your income originates from self-employment, property ownership, or other sources.

Contact Us